[P1] OS X 10.2.8 Update Deleted

Richard McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Thu Sep 25 11:20:30 PDT 2003

Gloria Vogel wrote the following:

> Just checked with my husband who tells me that he installed first the
> 10.2.7 and then the 10.2.8 on his desktop G4 and so far it is working
> fine although he cautioned me about doing it to my dual processor G4
> desktop and certainly not my 600 iBook since Mac has now called it
> back.  He was advised by Mac to leave his alone since it is currently
> working fine.  I plan to take his advice until we get the all clear
> from Mac.  "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

there is a tech article about the main reason that apple has withdrawn the
update available here:

I have read that there were several bugs that needed to be addressed but the
biggest and most common was apparently the G4 ethernet problem mentioned in
the tech article relating to G4 desktops and especially 450 Mhz models with
gigabit ethernet. Again I cannot confirm this but apparently the update was
okay with the G3 iBooks outside of a flash player issue (it uses an older
version of flash that a safari fix installs over newer previously installed
Flash 7 plug in...) other issues as well can be checked out here:

<http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/OSX/10.2.8_feedback.html>

Guess it really is year of the notebooks!

Cheers,

Richard