[P1] .avi Converting

KhooCK filhos at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 6 08:04:20 PDT 2004

Hi

QuickTime Pro will definitely do it, especially if you can open the file in
Quicktime. Just open the file and export to QT Movie. Before you export,
check that the whole length of footage is present - avi files sometimes show
up only partially in QuickTime.

Be aware that the avi format does not specify what codec was used to
compress the video (it could be Indeo, DIVX, XVID, or a host of other minor
codecs), so occasionally, QT will not open avi files.

Rgds
CK