[P1] Mpegs

Alric J. Lam Alric.J.Lam at Dartmouth.EDU
Fri Apr 16 15:18:17 PDT 2004

Have you tried the Image Capture utility?  Go into your apps, there should be
one called Image Capture.  Plug in your camera, open the application, and it
should detect your camera.  Then click on "Download All" to download everything
from the camera to wherever you choose to download, or click on "Download Some"
to choose what you want to download.  You should be able to pull off the mpgs
this way off the camera.

Al

--- You wrote:
I have a Sony camera which makes both still shots and .mpegs and when I was in
9, I just dragged the files to the desktop and then they played in QT, but X
doesn't seem to see them and I haven't figured out how to import them and play
them.  Can someone help me?  Does iMovie do this?  I've never used it and don't
have a clue as to how to use it.  These are small files and the old way worked
for me, but now I need to find a new way, or switch to Classic and pull them
off the camera the old way.
--- end of quote ---