Kernal Panics

Keith Parker parker at stlouissedans.com
Sun Apr 18 03:49:52 PDT 2004

Gerry,

This may or may not help but it took me a year to figure out.  I added
a 128 mb ram stick to my 800Mhz iBook dual USB about a year ago, and
started getting kernel panics but it took time (2 weeks - 2 months)
after going to "sleep".  I was using a "PNY" memory 133 MhZ DIMM, it
turns out that the  faster iBook's are VERY sensitive to correct
memory. I had to complain to  the New Jersey BBB (Parsippany NJ) to get
attention and get the right memory module. If you have AppleCare, boot
from the "TechTools" CD and run the memory tests (press CNTL L) to loop
the tests overnight !