Brightness clamshell vs newer iBooks

Marc van Gemert listz at xs4all.nl
Wed Apr 21 03:41:34 PDT 2004

Quick Q:

If I set my friends 12" iBook 933 besides my clamshell 466SE his iBook
is much brighter. Has any one had the experience to set similar iBooks
side by side or know from experience if the clamshell has a darker
screen, or are the tubes in my LCD aging?

Thanks

BTW talking about brightess, a funny thing happened when I was at my
friends house this Sunday:

He was iBookin' while I was watching a Freddy movie (dunno what part),
anyway suddenly he shouted: oh no my screen went dark! First thing I
thought: oh oh the wire problem (his iBook falls into the logic board
replacement category), I had talked with him about that earlier so it
would really be a coincedence if the problem occured while I was there.
I looked at the screen and it looked like an older iMac where the
firmware wasn't patched before updating to Jaguar. I said: you're sure
you didn't touch the brightness keys?, and he said: no, but tried it
anyway and the screen came on step by step. He said: oh yeah I was
cleaning the left top part of my 'Book, but wasn't watching the screen,
I was also watching the TV. So he unknowingly turned the brightness way
down :-)

--
there's no place like 127.0.0.1

*