[P1] Brightness clamshell vs newer iBooks

david davidwb at spymac.com
Wed Apr 21 03:50:33 PDT 2004

On 4/21/04 6:41 AM, "Marc van Gemert" <listz at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> If I set my friends 12" iBook 933 besides my clamshell 466SE his iBook
> is much brighter. Has any one had the experience to set similar iBooks
> side by side or know from experience if the clamshell has a darker
> screen, or are the tubes in my LCD aging?

My tangerine was 18 months old when I bought a newer white one and I had
them side by side whilst exchanging data. I remember thinking that the new
display was sharper and text smaller (both due to the smaller pixels) but I
don't recall remarking on the difference in brightness. I suspect it is age.

david