[P1] What's the skinny on windows media player for mac?

Larry Kollar kollar at alltel.net
Thu Apr 22 18:32:34 PDT 2004

> Just curious, how do you get around MS Office documents (Word,
> Powerpoint, Excel)??  I too would avoid MS, but it seems impossible.

OpenOffice.org does a pretty good job with most Office docs, including
some pathological[1] cases. If you just need to read something (or
convert it to something more reasonable), AppleWorks can usually get it
open with some formatting booglies. I've run into some files that AW
can't open at all, but if AW can't do it OOo can.

--
Larry Kollar    k  o  l  l  a  r  @  a  l  l  t  e  l  .  n  e  t
"The hardest part of all this is the part that requires thinking."