[P1] iBook G3

Paul Bernhardt pbern10 at xmission.com
Sun Apr 25 09:18:37 PDT 2004

I advise the following: If the iBook serial number is 'in the range'
*don't* get the Apple Care. Apple is already committed to fixing all
those machines (check to see how much longer the program runs, if there
is a time limit). If the serial number is not in the range, but is a G3
Powerbook with a serial number before the range, or not long after it,
do get the Apple Care.

I tend to *not* believe buying insurance (that's what all these
programs are, essentially) for such items is correct. That is, you are
making a bet to save an amount of money you could afford to spend if
you needed to spend it. Insurance is to protect you from risks that
would ruin, or be a severe set-back in, your life, not from a bump in
the road.

Paul