iBook Logic Board Repair (formerly iBook G3)

David Harris dmichaelharris at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 25 10:06:37 PDT 2004

Hi:

I tend to think of this list as an extremely helpful extension of the
Apple Discussion Board.

Also, I called Apple in the afternoon, Eastern  Time.  I let them know
that my 700mHz iBook was rebuilt and the technician said it wouldn't
make a difference, it would be covered for the logic board repair.  The
Apple Support technician indicated that the serial number of my iBook
falls within the program.  The technician could not tell me how long
the program will last.  So, I'm keep a sharp eye on the website.  And I
suggest to those who do have an iBook that falls within program to do
the same.

As for extending it to other iBooks, voice your concerns to Apple.  Not
to drift too far off topic, but if Apple could re-evaluated how their
stance on the iPod battery issue, then there might be a chance that
Apple might feel the same way about the iBook.

Count me in if anyone wants to pursue the matter further for the
iBooks.  After all, we should stick together as numbers are very
persuasive.

Thanks,
David