[P1] problems insatlling OS 9.2.1 CD on Ibook 700

Brian Pearce bpearce at cloud9.net
Sun Aug 8 19:10:17 PDT 2004

On Aug 8, 2004, at 10:02 PM, Erik Gilchrist wrote:

> On Sun, 8 Aug 2004 18:46:58 -0700 (PDT), spw <stevepwats at prodigy.net>
> wrote:
>> I have an Ibook 700 running Mac OS 10. 3 and want to run classic.
>
> I could be wrong, but you need to have the OS9 drivers on the HD
> first. With that said, Backup the current OS X drive externally, Boot
> with OS X CD, format with OS 9 drivers and go from there.

If this is indeed the problem (I'm not even sure that it is), there may
be an option to install the drivers before the installation process
without having to completely reformat the entire drive; it's been some
time since I did an OS 9 install, but I vaguely recall seeing this
option.

BRIAN/bpearce at cloud9.net
<http://www.redjacketpress.com>
"Yesterday's Books for Today's Reader"