[P1] problems insatlling OS 9.2.1 CD on Ibook 700

Richard Meyeroff rem at meyeroff-c-c.com
Sun Aug 8 22:43:23 PDT 2004

You have a couple of problems
1. 9.2.1 can only be installed on a computer that has 9.1 installed.

2. you should have thew original disks that you got with the iBook.

the copy of 9 that came with the iBook is the one you need to install
after reinitializing the hard drive.  If it is 9.1 then install
9.2.1.  after that is done you can install any version of from OS X.1
to OS X.3.4.

This comes from experience.

If you don't have the original disks see if you can find some who
will let you copy their OS 9.2.1 or .2.2 to your hard drive. and then
install the version of OS X as above.

--
Have a Happy and Enjoy

Richard E. Meyeroff
Meyeroff Computer Consultants
718-265-3781
FAX 718-266-6671
REM at Meyeroff-C-C.com
Member  Apple Consultants Network  ACHDS

The Answer to your Computer Questions & Needs