[iBook] Fax button in Print Dialog Box

Bill Raffensperger raffy at macsrule.com
Thu Dec 2 10:52:04 PST 2004

My iBook is from Dec 2001, 600MHz, Mac OS 10.3.6. I had a need to send
a fax last week, so I plugged in my phone wire, changed my "location"
to one that uses "dial-up" then dialed in to the internet just to check
the connection. All seemed OK. Then I disconnected from my ISP,
brought up my AppleWorks document and hit Command-P. Pressed the Fax
button, filled in the phone number in the next dialog box, then hit
"Fax."

Here's the problem: There seems to be no confirmation for faxing. There
is no log of sent faxes. There is just nothing.  Or else I cannot find
it. How do I know that it worked, besides calling the recipient and
asking "did you get a fax from me?"