[iBook] Oops, which AC cord is mine?

JFL jfl1970 at mac.com
Sat Dec 11 11:55:03 PST 2004

That's a sit-com situation if I ever heard one. Although I believe,
those two AC adapters MAY be interchangeable. At least certainly, the
one from the Al-Book will power the iBook 600 without any difficulties.
You can't tell from the AC cable or the AC direct plug (plugs the brick
directly into your power socket) because Apple so brilliantly made the
AC Adapter brick plug-swapable.

If I recall with my iBook (G3) 600 that its powerplug (that goes into
the unit) was silvery and not iBook white.
Another guess would be an inspection of the bricks themselves -- the
iBook's might look older. Maybe. (More scratches, dirt, scuffs).
Only last thing to do is to put on your reading glasses and inspect the
power specs on the sides of the bricks -- the Al-Book's should have
something bigger/later about it, whether it's power output or
model/serial number or best yet, a later copyright year.

-J
______