[iBook] Was oops, now 2- or 3-prong connection?

John Lyon jelyon at mac.com
Sat Dec 11 19:53:19 PST 2004

So this is amusing. Sorta.

I know my TiBook 550 has a two prong cord for its white brick adapter. And
my 1Ghz iBook has a 3 prong cord. And I was pretty sure they are both the
same wattage (45), so I go look at the TiBook adapter, and it shorts out -
shooting sparks, ozone, blown out cord (output to TiBook) and everything.
The whole shebang, except for the burning the house down part.

Luckily I have a yo-yo adapter that works with the TiBook just fine.

But I'm also a little paranoid about those adapters now.