[iBook] [OT] Airport: changing the USB printer driver

Alexandre Leroux alexandreleroux at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 20:16:12 PST 2004

Hi list,

How can one change the "driver" of the USB printer within the Airport
Admin Utility? We can change the name, but not the "type" (i.e.
driver).

An HP DeskJet 5550 shared over Airport is giving me a lot of troubles
with some jpeg (refusing to print the whole picture). I repaired the
permissions many times. I deleted and added the printer from the
printer list many times too. Tried trashing the printer prefs in the
library. => The right printer is choosen locally, but since it does
not work, I believe it might be because the associated printer driver
on the Airport side is not the good one. I tried hours to fix this
"challenge"...

Thanks a lot ! :-)
Alex !