[iBook] crashes

david davidwb at spymac.com
Wed Dec 22 13:42:32 PST 2004

I'm assuming your camera uses compact flash memory. If so, it is much more
convenient to use a card reader than to attach the camera to the computer.
Once you insert the memory card into the card reader the card will mount as
a disk and the files can be transferred to the computer. Then you can open
them with Photoshop or whatever software you use. The software I mentioned
(iView) can be configured so that when a memory card with pictures is
inserted into the card reader iView is run and the pictures are transferred
to the Mac and cataloged at the same time. Convenient. Note: iPhoto can do
the same thing and I do use iPhoto for personal use BUT I also copy all my
photo files manually because iPhoto directly manipulates photos which I
don't like.