[iBook] A Christmas present for the list...

Matthew Faulds mattfaulds at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 22 22:20:32 PST 2004

Hi Listers

I'm not sure if anyone else on the list has converted to Firefox but just in
case I thought I'd share the modifications I've made: it makes Firefox look
like an OSX app (Safari!) and improves it a bit so that it's by far the best
browser available, IMHO.

Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/central.html

Check out for Safari type tabs and much nicer look:

http://www.hicksdesign.co.uk/journal/596/safari-style-tabs-for-firefox-os-x
http://www.radiantrock.com/blog/index.php?p=64

A few cool extensions:

Smooth scrolling: http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/more-info/smoothwheel
Adblocking: http://adblock.mozdev.org/index.html
Slightly buggy hotmail tabs - worth it to remove the horrible hotmail banner
on every link!  http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=62538
Check your bandwidth:
http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/more-info/bandwidthtest
Improve download manager: http://dmextension.mozdev.org/
Zoom images:
https://addons.update.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?application=firefox&id=139&vid=678

That's enought for now but I've a few other bits and pieces if anyone wants
some tips like find as you type etc. I'd love to here if anyone's got  any
other suggestions/modifications.

Merry Christmas!

Matt