[iBook] alternative to powerpoint?

J Patrick Draine draine at comcast.net
Sun Dec 26 13:31:54 PST 2004

My father-in-law is staying with us for the holidays, and is verging on
taking the plunge, and getting an iBook (after marveling at our family
passing our iBook around the living room as we do many email and web
activities wirelessly).
So he's asking me exactly how much it will cost him, etc. After
asserting that he won't need to buy any software beyond the bundle that
comes with the iBook, I am having some minor reconsideration on one
point. Should he buy Office X so that if he downloads a Powerpoint file
he won't be flipping out when he can't open it? Or is there some
alternate software that can open up such a file?
Thanks,
Patrick Draine