[iBook] Open Password Firmware App No longer works.

Gregory Martinez gregmartinez at mac.com
Mon Dec 27 11:44:11 PST 2004

I used to use the Open Firmware Password application and it worked fine
on both my iMac G4 and iBook G4. Then I switched to FileVault. I
decided to go back to Open Firmware Password for security. However, the
application does not work anymore on either machine. I give it a
password. Reboot. Then I use an external firewire hard drive with an OS
10.3 system on it and both computers boot from the external firewire
drive. This should not happen, I should not be able to boot from an
external drive, but I am.

I used to use Open Firmware Password application without any problems
on either machine. Now it does not seem to do anything on either
machine.
Greg Martinez
gregmartinez at mac.com
iBook 12" G4, 800MHz, OS 10.3.6, 640 MB RAM.