[P1] Apple Registration

Tom R. no spam tr5374 at csc.albany.edu
Mon Feb 2 21:57:17 PST 2004

You can do it by phone, too, to 800-aplcare.  And can register an
extended AppleCare waranty including right up to the 1 year
deadline, either buying then by phone or registering an AppleCare
package you bought elsewhere.  Note AppleCare's phone closes for
the day at like 9:pm Pacific Time.  Also they may make an extended
warranty at time of registration provisional pending you
sending/faxing them proof of date of purchase.  They'll have on
their records maybe a "sale" date when the retailer bought it for
resale and you have to prove when you actually bought it.  I always
purposely don't let the automatic registration file be sent.