[P1] When to replace iBook?

Mike Wallinga mwallinga at mailup.net
Wed Feb 4 20:11:45 PST 2004

I would highly recommend selling the iBook while it still has some
AppleCare protection left, OR commit yourself to using that iBook for
the long term (I'd say at least another year after the AppleCare
expires).

Even with the iBook's troubled history, if it has AppleCare on it, the
buyer has some assurance that their purchase will be a worthwhile one.
As soon as that expires, their confidence goes down, and your selling
price will go down.  The worst possible business decision, in my
opinion, would be to keep the iBook through the AppleCare period and
then sell it a month or two after the AppleCare has expired.

My personal vote would be to sell the iBook and get yourself a new one
(iBook or PowerBook, whatever you can afford).  I have a G4 iBook, for
what's it worth, and it's very nice.  :-)

Best of luck with your decision,
Mike W.