[P1] Battery problem

Scott Warren sw at shelton.org
Mon Feb 9 08:49:15 PST 2004

Beware:
I just had a long discussion with our apple care rep and she said that
Apple is not considering the battery to be something that is covered
under warranty.  (this is a new change in policy or procedure that was
very poorly introduced)   If its bought as dead, they "should" replace
it  but if you have had your laptop for a while (even just a few
months), Apple will balk at replacing the battery under warranty since
its something that will eventually die.

This is a HUGE issue with many schools as they have 100s of laptops and
find bad or failing batteries more often.  The Apple care rep does not
want to replace the battery because Apple will not reimburse the apple
care rep for that.