[P1] Battery problem

swmarks at allvantage.com swmarks at allvantage.com
Tue Feb 10 07:51:35 PST 2004

Quoting Allan Hise <allan at hise.org>:

> On Mon, 9 Feb 2004, PaulKurtz III wrote:
>
> > I read on this list a while back that someone used a paperclip to connect
> > the contacts on his battery and brought it back to life.  I can't remember
> > exactly how, but he touched either end of the clip to a pair of the
> > contacts and revived it.  The batteries have a chip in them, and it seemed
> > to reset it.
>
> That was me. The battery is still working great.

Allan,

Which contacts did you connect - or does it matter? I don't seem to have
anything to lose, here, if Apple will not replace the battery under warranty,
so I am willing to try it...

In the interim, I have found and purchased a slightly used battery from a
vendor on eBay. If nothing else, I guess I will have a spare battery.

Stan