New iBook Owner / iBook Hard drive partition

Tyler Krehbiel krehbiet at pluto.dsu.edu
Wed Feb 11 10:52:11 PST 2004

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the list, and a soon to be new iBook owner. I sold my Lombard 400
last week, and my iBook 600 Mhz should be here tomorrow.

I'm pretty sure its going to come with 10.1 on it, and so of couse i'm going
to erase it and install Panther on it right away.

One thing that i would like to do i play with linux on it. So i'm thinking
it would just be best to partition it right away so i can install linux
later.

Its got a 40 GB hard drive, so i think leaving about 4-5 GB for linux would
be good, i dont really need much, i just want to play around with it.

I think i read that on the panther disk i can get into drive setup and
partition. What do you guys think? Anyone done this?

Thanks
~tYLER