[P1] Drive Replacement - 4200rpm vs 5400rpm

Alric J. Lam Alric.J.Lam at Dartmouth.EDU
Fri Feb 13 13:30:59 PST 2004

Check this out, if you follow their advice, they say get the 7200 RPM drive.
But of course the benchmarking is done on a PC, so Mac results may vary.

http://www.tomshardware.com/mobile/20031031/index.html

In terms of the heat aspect though, to me it hasn't been overly noticeable, so
I think its in my head.  With a faster drive, disk access time is shorter, and
higher quality drives will generate less heat than competitors.  I think the
7k60 is a good replacement(if it fits), but I can't say for sure, since my
ibook doesn't have one, only my pc.....

Al

--- You wrote:
Hmmmm maybe i'd better stick with the 5400rpm

Richard
--- end of quote ---