Mail and S/MIME

Luc Saint-Elie luc at saint-elie.com
Tue Feb 17 07:34:52 PST 2004

Hello,

The last version of Mail support S/MIME certificates.

I have several accounts on my iBook and I tried with a Thawte
certificate for my main mail account. So far so good.

Then I tried another certificate (from another provider to avoid
cinfusion) for my .mac account.. and despite the fact the second
certificate is stored (like the first one) in the KeyChain, Mail
doesn't show the little icons for my second account.

Is Mail able to handle S/MIME certificates only for one of the accounts
?

Thanks in advance