Junk mail filter

gwallace gwallace at gwi.net
Thu Feb 19 07:14:05 PST 2004

Since switching to Panther, I've not been able to get the junk mail
filter (in OS X Mail) to work.  Fortunately, my ISP uses Postini, which
eliminates most of the spam, but every day I get some annoying messages
in my in-box that have slipped by.  Before Panther, the mail program
successfully marked most of this junk, and I had changed it to the
automatic mode.  With Panther, nothing comes through marked as junk.
I've been diligently marking them myself, thinking that if this is
training mode, Mail should be learning something, but it seems that
either my mail program is overly stupid or I'm doing something wrong.
Should I mess around with the preferences settings?  Any advice would
be appreciated.