[P1] Playing AVI video files

Scott Warren sw at shelton.org
Fri Feb 20 13:48:29 PST 2004

One really annoying thing I found was when I tried to make some AVI
files, depending on who makes them and how they are made, they can not
be seen on just any computer.  I had an ATI video card and I guess used
their video software to make the AVI... turns out it only works on
video cards that support ATI formats...  HOPEFULLY its better now where
players know all the formats or the format is more standardized, but a
pain in the ass to discover when the flashy part of a presentation
depended on the file working.