Lexmark X1150 problems

Alexandre Leroux alexandre at leroux.net
Tue Feb 24 06:48:11 PST 2004

Hi all,

Anyone having problems with Lexmark printers ? It *crashes* MacOS X !
The OS I though uncrashable ! ;-)

If I try to scan (it's an all-in-one), it jams on "Preparing to scan".
It does this from Lexmark's software and even GraphicConverter. Force
quit does -not- work at all. Must force-reboot :-(

It seems this happens only when I push a button on the X1150 and then
try a scan (one other possibility why it works after force-reboot: the
X1150 is already open after restart).

Absolutely no software update is available from Lexmark website. No
drivers especially for Panther.

Anyone has a clue ?

Alex :-)

(I bought this printer since it was almost "free" with an iBook G4
before Christmas, I would not recommend it now ;-)