[P1] Networking Problem

Tom R. no spam tr5374 at csc.albany.edu
Wed Feb 25 15:39:35 PST 2004

To extend this topic a little:

Anyone ever use a Macintosh USB --> ethernet RJ45 device?
Do such work?  In what OS version(s)? OS9? 10.2.x? 10.3.x?
What shows up in Network Sys Prefs (OSX) or TCP/IP Control
Panel (OS9)?

This is as much a theoretical question as anything else,
but there are eg wireless client devices which are USB,
PCI USB port cards, cable modems to which USB connection
is available, etc.  And of course, there are Bluetooth USB
devices which I've not used but since Apple sells them to
use with Bluetooth "capable" iBooks I assume they work OK.
which leads me to ask also, is Bluetooth filesharing
possible among Macs?

 . . .