[P1] clamshell battery problems

Pamela Plowman pamela at theplowmans.com
Wed Feb 25 21:27:41 PST 2004

I have one of the VST dual chargers that I purchased off of eBay.  It
didn't revive my battery at all.  Maybe my battery is just done. I'll
have to try a new one and see how that works out.

Pamela

VST used to make an external battery charger for the clamshell. I have
one I bought off their site as a refurb, it wasn't terribly expensive
if I recall. The model # is SCHB if that helps searching for one. It is
a cradle that will charge 2 batteries at once. ( It uses your power
"brick" so that has to be good.) The power manager circuit in this is
different from what is built into the laptop and will resurrect a
marginal battery that won't charge in the machine.
I know swapping batteries on the clamshell is no fun but if you are not
doing it constantly it might be worthwhile. Also it might bring your
batteries back to life.
Just a thought.
             Mike