[P1] Networking Problems

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 26 07:22:17 PST 2004

On Feb 26, 2004, at 8:20 AM, Seeker wrote:

>     Not _quite_ so.  The iBook is a G3 as is the desktop.  When I
> wanted to
> connect them in Target Disk Mode, it was the iBook I started up in
> that mode
> because the _desktop_ B&W Rev 2 G3 does not support/will not start up
> in
> Target Disk Mode.

Just for the heck of it, the next time you have them so connected,
change the startup disk to the internal drive of the iBook (disclaimer:
don't try this at home). In olden days before Apple made systems
targeted for specific models, I used to use my Powerbook in SCSI Disk
Mode to start up my desktop. This was for amusement only...

Might come in handy if your screen stops displaying...

---
The George Bush Resume(?):
<http://www.bushoccupation.com/GWbush_resume.pdf>