[P1] Newbie question: iBook upgrades?

Jim Shimozawa kotonk2 at mac.com
Fri Feb 27 15:29:09 PST 2004

On Feb 27, 2004, at 1:25 PM, Guy McMickle wrote:

>  I managed to damage both my IDE cable AND Airport antenna during my
> hard drive upgrade.  Turned out more costly than I anticipated!  I am
> happy with the 40 GB 5200 RPM drive I installed though.  Much better
> than the 10 GB the iBook came with!
>
> -Guy McMickle

For me, maxing out RAM and installing Airport card was bordering my
limit.
I did it with my heart pounding and sweat gland working overtime.
I'm too clumsy to replace my 10 GB hard drive.
Is the HD speed bump noticeable?
Does your new HD require more battery power?
What have you done with your old 10GB HD?

Jim
12" iBook 700/640/10/CD