[P1] Movies from Stills

Chris Weinkauf statustician at mac.com
Thu Jan 1 17:43:19 PST 2004

The latest version of iMovie (3) also has the ability to grab images
directly from the iPhoto library. Import any pictures you want into
iPhoto, open iMovie and click on the "photos" button.   From here, you
can adjust how long the photo will stay up and, optionally, use the Ken
Burns effect to make pictures move, zoom in and zoom out, just like the
old photos in those awful documentaries they made us watch in high
school.

Cheers ^_^
-Chris
On Jan 1, 2004, at 4:33 AM, e.mkeene wrote:

>> The recent thread about importing digitals into iMovie reawakened a
>> few
>> neurons and I remembered two ways to do this that don't require more
>> software.
>>
>> Drag the jpegs into iPhoto and select them. Select the menu item
>> File:Export and select Quicktime to make a movie from the selected
>> stills. Set whatever options you prefer. The movie you create can be
>> inserted into iMovie.
>
> Maybe I'm missing something critical here but why not just import the
> image directly into iMovie. I opened iMovie, selected import,
> navigated to the picture file, selected the image I wanted and presto,
> it imported directly to a clip space in iMovie. The image was a jpeg.
> I assume most digital cameras today are using jpeg as their default
> format. If the camera is using a proprietary format, it will probably
> require reformatting to jpeg but then it should be a direct shot to
> iMovie.
>

> There are people who have money and people who are rich.
> --Coco Chanel

> <ibook-digest at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
> Need help from a real person? Try.
> <ibook-request at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
> ----------
>  --  Canon Digital Camcorders start at $799       |  Free iBook!   |

>                |  iBook News, Features, Reviews & More.
>
>   RoadTools $30 PodiumPad available at Apple retail stores, $20
> Traveler  CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at
> <http://roadtools.com>

> <http://www.macresq.com>

iBook G3 900 MHz ^_^
Full blown 640 MB RAM