[P1] Unexplained Log Out

Gary Adams gdadams1 at cox.net
Sat Jan 3 18:51:33 PST 2004

My son has a dual USB iBook, running 10.2.6 or 10.2.8--not sure. He
just had a strange problem. The machine froze. After restarting, he
logged in (he's the only user listed) and after his screen icons and
dock showed up, the machine logged him out. This happened several
times. We reset the power manager. Same thing. Then we booted in Safe
Mode. Same thing. Then we ran fsck-y and it said the disk was fine.
Same thing on reboot. Then we booted from my clamshell and I deleted
the .plist file for log in. Same thing.

Any clues as to what's going on? This is bizarre.

Gary