[P1] iBook G3, iBook G4, PowerBook G4

Kirk McElhearn kirklists at wanadoo.fr
Sun Jan 4 09:17:50 PST 2004

On 1/4/04 17:46, "Joe Sporleder" <joe at beloit-kansas.com> wrote:

> With my recent problems with my iBook G3 900mhz, having to send in for
> service a second time, I would be interested to find out if the G4
> iBooks do any better in the reliability department. I realize that the
> G4 iBook's are new arrivals on the scene, so it's probably too early to
> judge their reliability, quality and customer satisfaction department.
> I also wonder how the 12" PowerBook's are doing in the "quality
> control" department? When I bought the iBook, I was seriously
> considering the 12" PowerBook, but at the time it was just a bit out my
> price range. Anyone on this list with a G4 iBook yet?

I've got one - had it for a month. No problems yet, but I've just sent a G3
iBook (one year old) in for repairs.

Kirk

            My Latest Book: Mastering Mac OS X: Panther Edition
                  http://www.mcelhearn.com/panther.html
  . . . . . . .  kirk at mcelhearn.com | http://www.mcelhearn.com  . . . . . .
  . .  Kirk McElhearn | Chemin de la Lauze | 05600 Guillestre | France  . .