[P1] Why not applecare -- it sure seems worth the $$

David Crump davecrump at mac.com
Thu Jan 8 21:29:13 PST 2004

> Not to be pedantic, but I've always figured that it is more then worth
> it to
> purchase the Applecare for laptops -- given that in 3 years something
> EXPENSIVE is bound to happen with a laptop and with the history of all
> these
> iBook logic board failures, battery problems (though I'm not sure
> AppleCare
> covers batteries -- anyone know),

I know that they do not cover batteries, at least not for the full
AppleCare period.  My Clamshell iBook is still under warranty until
April and I called them about my battery last week.  They told me that
the battery is a wear and tear item.  I wish I could remember the cut
off for considering the battery faulty, but I'm sure it was less than a
year that they told me.  Anyhow, I argued with them because this cutoff
specific to batteries is not listed anywhere in my AppleCare agreement,
but to no avail.
	On another note, when I called them back to order a new battery, I was
told that they no longer carry batteries for the clamshell iBooks, and
just gave me the URLs for some third party sources.
Dave.