Slotloading iBook <-> 8cm standard CD size ?

Peter Nacken caipirina at mac.com
Mon Jan 12 00:17:32 PST 2004

I recall we had that discussion maybe before (or was that in the tibook
list) ??

Anyways according to some apple tech doc which I found long time ago, the
slot loading drives CAN only use standard CD sizes, which are the 12 and 8
cm round ones ... They only object to non-standard ones ... Triangle,
hearts, those silly business card shaped ones ...

Now ... I have not dared yet to stick a 8cm into my wife's iBook (please,
spare me funny comments, I know I was about to write "slot") .. And I have
never done so with my tibook ...

Anyone here uses them on a daily basis and can give me some reassurance ?

Thanks