Priggle[pgg-10014,de].exe ????

Peter Nacken caipirina at mac.com
Tue Jan 13 19:36:43 PST 2004

A bit OT but an interesting mystery to share non the less...

I just see, while closing all my safari windows, that the last file
downloaded is called Priggle[pgg-10014,de].exe  and sure enough, I have no
idea what it is, only the utter suspicion that it is a virus of sorts. Glad
a mac cannot do much with an .exe file.

I asked mighty google and again ... No result ...

Now ..

- does anyone know what this or this kind is ?

- and what can make my computer how download things that I have not
requested? And how can I prevent it? Not alone that this cost me bandwidth
that I could need elsewhere ..  Is it an evil email that already activates
the download when the email is shown in the preview pane? Some hidden
function in some evil website?

Thanks for listening