[P1] 802.11g on Dual USB iBook?

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 14 04:53:00 PST 2004

On Jan 14, 2004, at 2:49 AM, Kirk McElhearn wrote:

> No, there's nothing you can do. If your Mac doesn¹t accept an AirPort
> Extreme card, you're stuck with the lower bandwidth.

The connectors on the two cards are quite different. The original has a
PC Card connector and the extreme has a split plug with visible copper
connectors on it. There are g cards in a PC Card that will work in
Powerbooks that have a PC Card connector (PCMCIA) and maybe with an
iBook if you can find a PC Card adapter that connects via USB, I don't
know if one exists.

I seem to remember seeing USB devices that look similar to the flash
drives and that do wifi. Don't recall whether it was a g device.