[P1] sbc yahoo dsl

Tom R. no spam tr5374 at csc.albany.edu
Fri Jan 16 00:03:58 PST 2004

What's the bird that responds so much to little pieces of glitter?
Jackdaw or something?  This management response to flashy (pun
intended) web sites makes me think of the customer character in
Putney Swope (old comedy flic about advertising) who kept a lackey
around to throw little firecrackers at him (at the customer
character) all the time.

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004, Jack Rodgers wrote:
 . . .
> Unfortunately web page designers are faced with the economics of
> satisfying their clients, not the surfers, or they don't eat. Your
> complaint, as well as mine, should be sent to the management and
> ownership of the companies paying for the sites and include the fact
> that since the page loads so slowly, you decide to go elsewhere.
>
> Even asking the designers to add pages for slower browsers falls on
> deaf ears.
 . . .