Mail weird, p. 2

Don Hinkle donhinkle at mac.com
Sat Jan 17 06:14:38 PST 2004

OK, my Mail account has been freezing on me after a use or two (if I
leave it "on" all the time) and making me Force Quit.
Last nite, after a note on this list about scrapping the preference
file (which I'm loathe to do because it's such a lot of making notes
and rebuilding), I decided to seek out the Library > Mail folder and
look at it.
And there I found two identical files for the same e-address. Except
one, at 1.5MB, showed a creation date of Oct 14, 2003 and latest mod at
the time of my last online...and the second at 29.3MB, shows creation
date a week or so EARLIER and same last mod time.
I figure having two files with same i.d. can't be right, so this
morning I decided to drag the smallest one out of the folder to see
what happens.
More later, maybe.

don hinkle, visual storyteller