[P1] starting up on a new iBook

Kirk McElhearn kirklists at wanadoo.fr
Sun Jan 18 06:46:55 PST 2004

On 1/18/04 15:39, "Eric Richardson" <lbyron at comcast.net> wrote:

> I have a 12 inch snow iBook G3 with Jag and 640 meg/15 gig HD. I
> sprang for a new 14 inch G4 iBook 640/60  and Panther and wonder if
> Carbon Copy Cloner can help me get everything from the old iBook
> system functioning on the new book. I have a great deal of stuff on
> the old iBook that I would like to continue using, like Office and
> Toast, to name a few, but my program disks are in the US, while I am
> in Japan...
>
> Any suggestions for getting this up and running?

Yes, CCC is probably the best way. Connect the two in target mode with a
fireware cable.

> BTW, I don't see AppleWorks on the new iBook G4. Did Apple stop
> including this? Why? Is it just because I bought the machine in Korea?

Perhaps. I bought a G4 iBook in December (in France) and it was included.
Just use the version from your previous iBook (and download the latest
updater, released last week).

Kirk

        My new e-book: Take Control of Users and Accounts in Panther
          http://www.tidbits.com/takecontrol/panther/users.html
  . . . . . . .  kirk at mcelhearn.com | http://www.mcelhearn.com  . . . . . .
  . .  Kirk McElhearn | Chemin de la Lauze | 05600 Guillestre | France  . .