[P1] lost system

Larry Kollar kollar at alltel.net
Wed Jan 21 04:03:51 PST 2004

> Yes, somehow it happened, I lost or garbled hopelessly my OS 10.2.6 so
> it wouldn't boot.
> ... I have a restored system with updates, ... and all the software,
> including Mail, have lost the settings. I'm running this Mail from the
> backup on an external firewire drive.
> And therein lies my hope...
> that I can somehow restore the important settings from that CCC backup.

If nothing else, you could do it manually. Copy the Library/Mail folder
(and everything in it) to the ~/Library/Mail folder under your home
directory. Similarly, the Library/Preferences folder should have a copy
of all your preferences at the time of your last clone.

You ought to upgrade to 10.2.8 (at least) while you're at it.
--
Larry Kollar    k  o  l  l  a  r  @  a  l  l  t  e  l  .  n  e  t
"The hardest part of all this is the part that requires thinking."