[P1] Requesting advice choosing a printer, etc

Jim Shimozawa kotonk2 at mac.com
Thu Jan 29 11:35:16 PST 2004

On Jan 29, 2004, at 4:25 AM, Jill Whenmouth wrote:

> I would greatly appreciate some perspectives, opinions, experiences,
> thoughts, general Brainstorming, from any of you that are willing.
>
> He will need a printer, and he will need to fax, copy (not lots of
> multiple
> copies, just the ocassional copy), and scan.
> My first thought was to get one of the multi-function printers, but
> some of
> them are monstrously big, and
> 1. he doesn't have the space and
> 2. they look so unaesthetic, esp next to the small ibook.

I bought a refurbished HP PSC1210 model a few months ago and I'm happy
with it.
It's a multi-function unit (print,scan,copy) with a small footprint.
Placed next to my iBook, it looks good to me (for a non-Apple product).
It does not fax and it is slow, but for $59 (after a $20 rebate) I
could not complain. Maybe this might fit in your son's budget.
Jim