[P1] OT Playing AVI files

Small Moose Ltd small_moose_ltd at mac.com
Fri Jul 2 04:29:14 PDT 2004

On 1/7/04 10:57 pm, "Brian Olesky" <brian4 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> I have the 600 mghz G3 with 384 MB of Ram.
>
> What's the best way to play AVI files?

I've been using DivX to play AVI files (it converts them to a format that
can be opened in QuickTime. Its free and available for OS9 and OSX at the
DivX website. Doing it this way I'm simply translating the original AVI into
a Quicktime compatible codec and so can play it fine on most machines. The
oldest I've tried is a 233MHz G3. Length of files? 25 minutes, takes me
about 2 1/2 minutes to encode.

Hope this is the kind of answer you're looking for.