Need info on VST's clamshell iBook battery charger

Dan K macdan at comcast.net
Mon Jul 12 19:37:59 PDT 2004

Mark Kippert <maclists at kippert.com> wrote:
>I picked up a VST battery charger in hopes of reviving a couple batteries
>for an original (clamshell) iBook. It's giving me a series of red flashing
>lights. One battery flashes 6 times, the other 8 times.
>
>Does anybody have info on what the flashing lights mean? The person I
>purchased it from hadn't used it in a while and could find no documentation.
>Nor could I find anything on the VST/Smartdisk website.
They all do that, VST chargers that is. On a charging error they blink a
series of red flashes, all the way up to 8 as you've discovered (highest
# I've seen is 7 flashes.) The docs that have came with any of the dozens
of VST chargers that have passed through my hands say nothing about those
flashing codes nor what they mean. I've yet to find any docs anywhere for
the details of those error flashes, and certainly not on the thoroughly
horrible VST "support" site.

I'm positive each blinking series means something specific. I'd love for
an ex-VST engineer or somesuch to come forward and let us in on the
details.

Dan K

http://macdan.n3.net/
carracho://dankephoto.dhs.org:9700