[P1] iPods, iBooks and iTrips

Charles Pearce charlesp at ksu.edu
Tue Jul 13 08:15:55 PDT 2004

On Jul 13, 2004, at 10:06 AM, Charles Pearce wrote:

> A friend has the high-end Belkin that has all of the FM frequencies
> and it has a button that you push that cycles UP through the spectrum
> in increments of two/tenths (89.3, 89.5, 89.7, etc.). He tells me that
> the problem with it, is that it only goes up until it gets to the end
> and then it starts at the bottom. And, it also uses AAA batteries like
> crazy.

I left out some potentially crucial consumer information. The Belkin FM
transmitters use the headphone port on the iPod, so you can plug your
remote control in, and then plug the TuneCast (I finally remembered the
name) into the remote control head, thus allowing use of the remote
control. The iTrip plugs into both the headphone port and the remote
control port on the top of the most recent generation iPod, so the
remote can't be used with it. I've never really bonded with the remote
anyway, so I don't miss it. My friend with the TuneCast uses his
remote, so this is an important feature to him. The TuneCast also works
with all generation iPods. I can't say for sure if the iTrip only works
with the "docking" iPods or if it can be turned and work with the older
ones.

And that's pretty much all I have to say on that topic.

Charles Pearce (charlesp at ksu.edu)