[P1] Scratched up i-book after logic board repair

Max Miles earthvital at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 13:29:24 PDT 2004

I went in to an Apple store recently to ask one of these geniuses a
few questions. One was wether or not I could purchase from Apple
another top shell for my iBook. I'd scratched it up. The guy
"couldn't" answer my questions, because of vague legalities, and had a
terrible attitude. Then I asked him if I could purchace iLife and get
it installed via "target to disk mode" becuase I don't have a DVD
reader on the iBook... again, he wouldn't answer my questions. The guy
was very snobby.

~m

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 12:11:48 -0700, Christoph Pistor <cpistor at frys.com> wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> So after two month of happy I-booking my logic board was finally done. After
> dropping it off at the Apple store for repair I received it back today,
> working, but top and bottom case totally scratched up. I know for sure that
> I treated my i-book well and did not scratch up the case. However, Apple
> care is telling me that they received the book with the scratches. That
> leaves only the store "GENIUSSES" to have scratched it up.
>
> Has anybody else had similar experiences?
>
> Christoph

>   --  Canon Digital Camcorders start at $799       |  Free iBook!   |

>                 |  iBook News, Features, Reviews & More.
>
>    RoadTools $30 PodiumPad available at Apple retail stores, $20 Traveler
>   CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>

Wherever you go, there you are!