Airport Express

Bob Gir. bobgir at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 15 04:30:29 PDT 2004

    Do I have this right?

    If I get the new Airport Express along with whatever iMac Apple next
comes out with, Airport Express will _not_ replace my Graphite Apple Base
Station in that I will  not be able to share my DSL connection between my
iBook and my iMac.

    If I have it sorted out straight, it's telephone line into my DSL modem
then Ethernet cable from my DSL modem to the Ethernet Express then Ethernet
Express broadcasts the signal to my iBook...leaving my future iMac
unconnected to the internet.

    So, if I want to share that DSL connection between the iBook and the
iMac, I am going to have to stick with my current setup, which is:  DSL
modem to Linksys wired router with connections from that router to my
desktop G3 (via ethernet cable) and to my ABS (also via ethernet cable)
which in turn broadcasts to my iBook.

    Thanks,
    bob